Thursday, December 28, 2006

Jailbirds!!

Well...

'my pigeons gone
his flutters no longer by my door
he left at dawn
and as I slept I felt him go
return no more
I will not watch the ocean
my pigeons gone
no earthy ships will ever
bring him home again
my pigeons gone'

That sweet fat thing would saunter accross from my balcony into my room every morning and would get screamed at - 'get out! n lemme sleeeeep!!!' But hey, then it would somehow realize it's been bad n go into this corner, huddle up there, puff it's wings n go gutttttaaarrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Eventually the 'gutars' would get louder n they would begin to mean, 'yeah yeah! u never lemme in! here I am, I save u from all other pigeons who could shit in ur balcony (it's different that I gleefully do!) and you don't even lemme into your room...!! Dekh lunga!' Then in sheer defiance it fly up into the room and conveniently perch itself on the open door and go, 'yeah baby!' But by then my weapon of war ( a handtowel that's you can perpetually find on the armrest of the chair conveniently placed right next to the door) is already in place and the 'sweet fat thing' is being shooed out...!! Mission acccomplished and it sits in the corner with a hige sulky expression till 'action replay!!!' (this happens a gaziliion times in one day!!)

Question: Where's it gone?? The dark, cold hands of a hostel warden n the frozen gray matter of the 'decision maker' have supposedly 'ensconced' us in the 4 walls by putting a wire mesh all around the balcony!! The balcony that offered a respite from 'their' clutches, the balcony that hailed the sunshine each morning, the balcony that was home to the 'sweet fat thing' and the balcony where a million dreams of flying high in the open skies were dreamt!

Right now: Caged beyond mercy! And the sweet fat thing - homeless and wandering... fluttering hither and tither!! Eventually settled in a lonely corner it found somewhere there...

Digital epiphany:


4 comments:

Ankur Jain said...

awwww... aisa kyun kiya kamino ne ?????

ani said...

:((

Anonymous said...

gud one..... hope d wardy reads it.... he he he.... n fr d record u can come to my balcony netym u like.... lots of "fat sweet thingS....." ( ofcourse untill the vagaries strikes us too......)

ani said...

:-) luv ya babes!!!!!!