Monday, June 23, 2008

home....

and in a tough spot of your life you turn to mom and dad.. no matter what the differences.. no matter what the shaadi k naatak... you just know that u need dad's hugs and mom's parathas!

Dialling Dad: Hi Doll! How are you?
Me: :) good (hiding everything...). u sound busy..
Dad: yaa.. i'll call back sweetheart?
Me: sure. luv u Dad. bye!

Dialling Mom: Hi! I see a lot of patients lining up.. I'll call back?
Me: :) cool.

Dialling Di: Hiii!! I'm verry busy right now.. I'll call u?
Me: kya hai ye? mumma busy, papa busy, aap bhi busy!
Di: ~laughs! bye!
Me: bye!

First one to call back Mom: Hi doll! kya chal raha hai?!
Me: :) work from home!
Mom: long day yesterday...
Me: yuppp.... (without going into the details!)
~ general chit chat about how things are.. about the car I'm planning to buy... all of that...
Mom: kuch khaya? (she never really asks me that... i guess she figures somehow that I'm not really ok and have been eating junk food)
Me: ~sheepishly.. maggi, bread jam... doodh bhi piya!
Mom: eat sumthin green.. make urself a nice dinner ok!
Me: ~ missing her bad! yup.. will. bye take care!

Next up Di calls and in the background I hear the happy sounds of my 8 months old Nephew!!!! :)) Makes my day always!
Di: so wassup?
Me: PMS-ing!!!
Di: oh no!!!
Me: ho hum!
Di: howz Jeet? (Jeet is Mr Knight in shining armour or as probably he would prefer it... demon in blood curdling darkness!)
Me: lets not even talk about the men in my life and their withdrawal symptoms!!!
Di: shit! all snapping at each other?!
Me: worse!
and my darling Pinky Singh urf Shauya Veer lets out another few happy screams!! :)
General chit chat again about work et al..
Di: u have to come for my bachchu's bday!
Me: 5th Nov! u bet i'm there! see he gets a guitar on his 2nd bday.. what shud he get on his first??
Di: Mom's givin him a cycle!
Me: Drum set! :D
Di: Thanks! (as sarcastically as possible!)
Both: :D laughing!!!!

Mom calls again... by now I'm sure she's figured I need her...
Mom: Medical rep jus gave me tea tree face wipes!
Me: :) smilin as much as I can... those are goood!
Mom: :) Im keepin them for u!
Me: :) cool!
Mom: eat sumthing ok? (100% she knows!)
Me: yup... luv u!

Dad's call came waiting while talkin to Mom...
I call back: Hiii!
Dad: :) Hi!! kaisi hai? (he's always overjoyed to hear me!)
Me: mast hoon...
Dad: u got the invoice right?
Me: yup.. will find out about the loan and stuff tomorrow
Dad: yaa.. once u send me the draft it takes me 3 weeks to process it!
Me: hmmm... so car by august looks like?
Dad: yup.. plan it like that! so u'll book my return flight tickets right? (and grinning!)
Me: :D yuppp.. once u come here we shall seee!!! since I;m the one who's booking them! (dead give away.... now he also knows!)
Dad: mera bachcha! bed liya? (standing argument between us... i likethe mattress on the floor.. no i want you to have a bed... coffee toffee coffee)
Me: car le rahi hoon... bed ved k paise nahi hain!
Dad: i have 3 complaints.. na bed liya.. na apni foto bheji aur na ladka pasand kiya!!
Me: Dad buying a car now! no money for the bed! I'm not fotogenic and I'm buying a car now! I dont need a ladka!!!
Dad: Anshuuuuu!!!! ur mom married me and not a car!!!
Me: ~both laughing now! You and mom were different dad!
Dad: Anshuuu!!!!!
Me: ~still grinning.. bye dad!!!!!

sometimes it just gets lonely... u miss the banter... u miss hurling pillows at each other... following mom around the house just to talk to her... pataoing dad to make you "omlette bread chips"... fighting with di for chindi things like 'u'll wear my tshirt and make it loose!'... sometimes... u just miss them... jus so so much!

and presenting to you ladies and gentlemen... the dude who can make any damn one smile! Pinky Singh urf Shaurya Veer:

8 comments:

Sam said...

You almost made me cry woman and that too early in the morning!! :( I miss my parents sooo much more now..
Awesome post sweetie, loove you!! :D And Mr. Veer is a sweetheart.. :)

ani said...

oopsss.... :( luv u sam! big big big super jumbo hug to you! :))))

i jus look at tat kid n end up grinning ear to ear!!!

Sam said...

I know, thats waht neices and nephews do to you.. i got three of them to make me smile!! :D

ani said...

sam: ~grins!!!!

Anjali said...

Miss you too... wish u were closer, we could've met more often! looking forward so much to see u on 4th...

ani said...

anjali di: :))) shit! u still read this??!!! and yaaa... lookin forward to the 4th myself!!

mathew said...

that kid gaze so intense..charming..

gypsy said...

i mean thats bad, you make other people realise the same when they are too away from home

but guess what--- ur sisters kid made me had a bigggg laugh in the end... so cute...