Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Save me!

Hellos people! I know uniformed hiatus! I wish I knew! :)

It so happens that the jinx continues and the laptop that the company had entrusted me with a mere month ago has already crashed twice! Once twas the software n this time twas the hardware and as luck would have it the part had to come from Singapore so it took till yesterday to find it's way into my hands again! Bless me! :D

The landlord says your rent is due... ! The bugger calls up on a sunday evening and sniffles... 'rent de do!' Monday it was duly given to him and the bugger that he is he says you pay maintenance on your own... ek cheque extra nahi drop kar sakta namaakool usi bank k usi dabbe me jahan apne ghar ka cheque daalega!

The nightmares have still been haunting her but here's something about chaos that she read and it really looks like its helping. :) This guy by the way has started writing lil lil bits that keep getting messaged to me and it's a pleasure reading them! Thought twisting they are! :) The bestest thing here is that she's found a friend in him... in this crazy metro called Bengaluru she's finally found a ear that hears her and knows she needs to be heard! He's been amazing.... and he keeps me off coffee like a leech curls at the pinch of salt!

Wat else shall you ask? Office has shifted... my nomadic existence continues though! I conveniently plonk myself on anybody's seat who has decided not to turn up for the day! :D After a completely jobless last week (no laptop u see) this week has it's training session as an e-learning! So in between all those jargon's and short forms that are breaking up my grey cells into alphabet soup I'm writing this post! No wonder it looks so uninspiring right?! :D

The weekend was nice.. I finally got to spend some time at home and dear darling Mini had come over all the way from Hyderabad! So we had a ball of a time! It was a very female bonding type of weekend... chatty, crazy women all over namma Bangalore first and then raising a storm at home! And yours truly cooked for them! This is the first time she tried her hands at gulab jamuns and baby they turned out well! :) It was a delight to see everything finished in a matter of minutes!

There's a to do list that I keep pasting everywhere and then forgetting where I placed it... and I have this horrible habit of pressing the 'show desktop' button instead of the minimize one so the post it on the comp hasn't been a big help either. So now here's my to-do and all of you have to take my case to complete it:

1. Curtain repair
2. Curtain rod repair! (desperately need a drilling machine!)
3. Apply for leave! (yes i need a reminder for that too!)
4. Once leave gets approved book tickets! (:D guess where i'm off too?!)
5. Register AmEx on the net
6. Coax dad into giving his account number! (i need to transfer money into his account and he's not giving me the number! If that doesn't work in 3 days ask mom!)
7. Buy Martini glasses for dad
8. Buy a nice Mysore chiffon sari for mom
9. Buy Swiss knife for jeeju
10. Think what to buy for sis from first salary! (need ideas here people.. help!!)
11. Give laundry to the laundry guy toms and get more clothes washed from the maid! (this is urgent!!)
12. Manage to study! (I need constant reminders that I have an exam on monday! haanji.. naukri me bhi egg-jam!!!) yeah foodie lil me! :P
13. Make a planner (i haven't been able to find a yearly wall planner so i need to make one! For that you need to remind me to buy chart paper as well!)
14. Carry all documents to get my flight tickets and transportation charges reimbursed!! Else I loose out on 11 grands! (yup u need to remind me of that as well!! :P)
15. Call up bhai and ask him for the 2IC's number (that's a person and not a memory chip) and then ask him for the canteen depot's number and then find out about how much will a fridge cost. (yeah yeah yeah... don't wonder about this one! jus remind me)
16. Ask bhai hi current address and clarify if he receives a courier or only speed post manages to find him so as to send his rakhi! (he's in the Indian Army! Don't look so stunned!)

I know I'm hopeless!! Hellllll.................ppp!!!!!!!! (And yes the reminder is in the I... so I'm desperate!)

____________________________________________________________________

To all the lovely souls who took out time to save me... :) Biiiiiiiii.......g hug! you guys rock! My to do is complete!!!!!! And a special hug to Shraddha for sending me reminder mails everyday!!!! :)

10 comments:

Skinsleuth said...

Baap re! Itni vaddi to-do list. Ok do u want me to send u a reminder in an sms every night till each and every item on that list gets struck out? That shud help, wat say?

What to buy for sis from first salary! Depends on how heavy ur salary is. :P

KAYLEE said...

Glad youre weekend was great!AND I AM GKLAD YOURE BACK! Long to do list hehe!

ani said...

addons - followup for broadband connection!!!

shraddha: i luv u. jus send me a mail if u can!!!!! :) and budget for sis... 2 grands!

kaylee: :Dthanx sweets!

ani said...

one more addon: find music shop. buy drums! :D

Anonymous said...

You know that list would keep on getting bigger and bigger, but you keep at it. :)

Btw, for buying gift for your sis, I'll suggest the Bombay Store on MG Road. I'm sure you'll find something there.

Happy searching...

Boltress

ani said...

anon (urf utkarsh): :) thanx for the suggestion! will definitly look it up! and no way is tat list going to get bigger without getting smaller first!!! :D

Phoenix said...

this is truly one of the MOST interesting post i have ever read!!
as for the gift for ur sis

perfume/cutlery/book/home utility stuff/dress material/a voucher for lady care.........

couldnt think of anything else.... :P lemme know what u ended up giving!!

Impressionist said...

haha! that is a loong list of to do list! :D
heheh!
as for finding a music shop to buy drums try aruna musicals in basavangudi.
and for the gift, im sorry. i dont think i can help u with that one! im really bad at it!@ :D

peace & love
Jeevy

ani said...

phoenix: :D thanx sweets! sooo many ideas! but i wanna gift her sumthn totally sisterly! cant place my finger on it still!!!!

rajeev: :) thanx for the music shop tip! will definitly look it up!

Sam said...

Hey, just thru wth reading all your jinxes!! Lots seems to be happening at ur end n hey, hope u dint hurt urself too much..
Know what, u manage to describe even ur miseries in a way that I feel like laughing at them and at the same time saying "woopsss..!!"
Keep going..;)