Saturday, April 14, 2007

Another Day... Another Way...

A day when she was made to sort out her 'daaj'! (All the stuff like bedcovers, table cloths, home stuff, rugs etc etc etc... and saris that her parents will lovngly give to her when it's time for her vidaai!)

Imagine the emotion right now: Mom!! Are you crazy or something??!! I'm not getting married for so much time now (I avoid saying 3-4 yrs to her... for want of keeping the peace!) and this stuff is for like the vidaai!! Theek thaak to ho? I dnt even know the kind of ghar.. the kind of life I'll have in a month from now when I start work and ur discussing this years away thing with me?? Are you sure aapne koi ladka to nahi dhoond rakha??!! Fuming, furious.... Mum's calm reply, 'Darling this is the only time you have to sort out the stuff... ek baar ghar se gayi to tu gayi... 5 din me shaadi karayegi! I know you!' She just looks at the cieling.. says her prayers and actually begins to sort out the stuff... what she thinks and imagines she will want if and when she gets married!!! They so freak me out sometimes!!!

Her prize: A movie!
Which one? Namastey London!
Review: Pathetic!! :D Mom just looked at her and said, 'Mera bahut mann hai ye movie dekhne ka!' Ab mann ka koi kya kare... chalo fir! Total punju movie.. overly punju!! The one scene of a rugby match if the Indians Vs the Brits actually has me in splits... Rishi Kapoor calls the Jat Akshye Kumar and tells me, 'Ye le gaind (ball).. aur saand (bull of sorts) di tarah daud ke goal me chak de!' Bas fir kya tha... He cught hold of the ball and ran.. ran ad ran... Imagine Jerry running from Tom and successfully getting into his hole... And now picture Akshay Kumar as Jerry and the whole Brit team as Tom!! And picture the same for a consecutive 4 goals!!! :DDD

The song in her head: (please don't scream!) Tan Tana Tan Tan Tan Tara... Chalti hai kya 9 se 12?!! :P

3 comments:

Phoenix said...

just ahte it when family or relatives talk about shaddi and stuff...have the same feeling within me...yew!just the thought makes me shudder!'

i salute you for your patience to watch namastey london

ani said...

raka: :D

Passionate said...

u r MAD :)