Monday, March 20, 2006

the grace of a woman!

Well, rainy days and mondays! I'd rather, rainy days n sari days!! (we need to wear formals every monday - the demands of an MBA!) Not complaining about either - totally love the romance of both!! :-) Go ahead! Call me a nut...

Well here's a li'l something I found on the net about the sari a long time back and it suddenly struck my head again today - I guess thats 'coz I was wearin one of Ma's most favorite saris! (she totally made this terrible face when I took it out of her almirah to take it with me!!). Well, here it goes:

A charming folktale explains...," The Sari, it is said was born on the loom of a fanciful weaver. He dreamt of a Woman, the shimmer of her tears, the drape of her tumbling hair, the colours of her many moods, the softness of her touch. All these he wove together, he couldn't stop. He wove for many yards. When he was done, as the story goes, he sat back and smiled and smiled and smiled..."

How romantic is that!! I totally fell in love with the story... And doesn't a woman truly look just so amazing in some beautifully draped 6 yards of fabric? (in sum parts of the country even 9 yards!!)


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... sure it does....
but 9 yards... dont u think thts too much to wind... and wudnt it add few more inches to ur waist...!!! ;-)

ani said...

:-D 9 yards is the marathi sari!!!!

Anonymous said...

that why...!!! thats the reason they are all soo fat..... :D

ani said...

:-D

Anonymous said...

the 9 yards saari is also worn by Tamilians....in fact more than the Maharashtrians.
and it is to be worn at all religious functions.

ani said...

:-) thnx for the info!

Unknown said...

i love wearing a saari too, and yes specially , when the weather seems romantic to me, loved your description...

ani said...

:-) thanx!!

Loser-in-Love said...

i wonder what makes the saari's so special!! but personally saari(all) women in saari looks better than in those chote-chote kapde!!