Monday, February 26, 2007

Ye duniya gazab ki!!

Lots happened! Yeah I look the on your face which sayz 'n now u tell us!!!' (can't stop giggling!)
First up: There's a feeling in her heart that she can't quite place.. its kinda makin her feel nice though!
Refer the last post for mentions of Chris... we've been chattin up with each other and as he says, 'It's the power of music!' My dear darling sister can still not believe it! (I know some of you also don't!!) [and no.. the feeling in her heart has nothing at all to do with this guy! :P]
Ok time to get a wee bit serious... It's eve teasing I wanna discuss here... not just that but all of the crimes that happen against women... Here's some data I found a tripod site for defense of Indian women:

"Offenses against Women in India
- Acid Attacks on women
- Molestation in empty train compartments
- Outraging of Modesty in Offices
- Sexual Harassment
- Eve Teasing in Buses, etc
- Sexual Assaults in Discotheques, Pubs, Public places
- Humiliation of Women
- Stalking & Following
- Alcoholic Offenses (people just don't know what they're doin! These are the worst!)"

I was totally shaken up when I read this:

"In India every 26 minutes, a woman is molested
In India every 34 minutes, a woman is raped.
In India every 42 minutes, an incident of sexual harassment takes place.
In India every 43 minutes, a woman is kidnapped.
In India every 93 minutes, a woman is killed. "

What when a woman stands up for herself? Why does the world stop and point fingers at her and say she's wrong? Goddamit!!! Get a life for once at least!!! (That's all I have to say about this... and I'm proud to be a woman who stood up for myself and slapped the guy nice and proper... he was drunk! An alcoholic offense!) People need to gain some self-respect! Some of the male homo sapiens need to come out of the shadows in which they comfortably decide to dwell (i'd rather hide!)!!

Hmmm... I can see a lot of questions! Relax.. nothin that she couldn't handle! Trust her! (I just wish more women would do what I did.... not that I'm a bond of sorts or anythin but hey... WE ARE BEAUTIFUL!) N yes... I want to thank all the lovely people who've stood by me! Ur all amazing! Seriosuly! (Please don't kick me for the thanx... its sach me from deep down inside and I had to say it.. )

Switching to a lighter note again: Home for the weekend and my only reaction is an imitation of Juhi Chawla going, 'Kya family hai!' Food festival as usual... the works! Lemon chicken, pasta n chicken ham and some awwwwsum cutlets! A horrible cherry schnapps! A thumbs up was life savin after that! And a Dad with that latest form of a 'machhar maar' - the elctronic tennis racket shaped insect killer!! The three ladies of the house have collectively christened him, 'Mosquito Man' after he 'daringly' tried to insert his finger into the wires just to see what happens (it obviously sparked and he barely saved his finger from going shaheed)!! Then when she lets him have it ki "kya kar rahe ho!!!!" He gives her one of his cutest looks and says, "achcha bachhu mujhe daant rahi hai!!" :-D yeah I know... role reversal! Par kaam hi aise karte hain!!!

Next up.. she'd forgotten to carry along her pajamas... Dear ol Dad sweetly gets her his pajamas and a kurta as well.. he sez, 'Try it on! It'll fit u well! U'll look nice!' Like she needs to look nice at 2 in the morning!! Eventually when she does decide to go change she smiles at him and says, 'Im going to look nice now' and waves the pajama n kurta! :-D Ma n Di jus can't stop laughing!! (I luv u Papa!)

Meanwhile...there's a kurta that mom can't fit into and she needs to get exchanged!! With my memory for such things I need a reminder service!! Who's volunteering??!!

5 comments:

Aks said...

Good to see girls like you. Males, especially in India (vey particularly, Delhi n North India) DO need a lesson in "respecting women"

Until and unless we acheive this, we just can't say "We are proud to be an Indian". India is good. We need to make it great. And this should be an important milestone.

I'm happy to know what you did. Add my name to the list of all those who "stood by" you.

Keep rocking, girl

ani said...

:) thanx stardom!! (name duly and happily added.. it means a lot to me..!)

Ankur Jain said...

want to know more !!

Skinsleuth said...

What really happened??

ani said...

ankur: hmm... i wanted to tell u.. but u havent been online!!! n thrs lots more i need to talk about.....

shraddha: meet me online sumtime...